An original and decentralized sustainable development approach.
- Result-orientated, while promoting creativity & adaptation to local situations. All OpCosinitiatives are placed underBlueWay,and target our customers, our suppliers, and all associates from the Group.
- Four structuring axis:
- Supporting initiatives relating to energy transition and demographic change (implementing energy-saving schemes; responding to the challenge of aging and growing dependency in our societies)
- Limiting environmental impact
- Making the men and women who work for the Group the key drivers of its development
- Engaging with local communities
The Energy & Sustainability Weeks (ESW)
For several years now, Sonepar has given priority treatment to sustainable development, with concrete action as a primary focus. The Group’s approach spans four crucial themes:
- Staying abreast of the energy transition and population trends
- Reducing our environmental impact
- Serving local communities
- Promoting Corporate Social Responsibility to take good care of the men and women who work for the Group
Sonepar encourages creativity, adaptability and process improvements—without losing sight of specific local conditions.
Since 2011, Sonepar has been holding an annual Group-wide sustainable development event called Energy & Sustainability Weeks (ESW, formerly Energy Saving Week). In the course of those two weeks, Group companies in different countries implement a variety of initiatives to promote energy-saving products and solutions, raise awareness and educate customers and associates about energy efficiency, recycling and more.